This HPD Catch Can is to suit the Amarok 4cyl. Click here for the HPD Catch Can for Amarok V6.
HPD’s Australian made billet CNC machined oil catch can/oil air separators have been designed to reduce the amount of oil from the engines crank case breather entering the intake system.
So why do you need a HPD catch can? Well, the issue lies with oil entering the intake system on modern diesel engines fitted with EGR valves (exhaust gas recirculation). The exhaust gas valve is commanded by the ECM (engine control module) to open and allow exhaust gasses back into the inlet, mixing with the oil that’s been left as a film inside the inlet manifold, thus this process just keeps on repeating itself, causing the manifold to become blocked or clogged reducing the air flow to the engine’s cylinders. This results in a lack of performance, excessive black smoke, engine wear and even engine failure.
HPD’s oil catch can / oil separators come in universal or complete kits with all required stainless steel laser cut bracketry, correct size hose tail fitting, washable internal stainless mesh filters, cut to size oil resistant hosing, bolts, nuts, washer, spring clamps and installation instructions for each vehicle.
- Reduces oil in intake system
- Allows intercooler to work efficiently
- Eliminates carbon & oil build up in inlet manifold
- Keeps inlet ports and valves clean
- Reduces engine wear
- Reduces exhaust smoke
- Maintains economy
- Keeps air and map sensors clean
- Maintains engine performance
- Billet Alluminum Catch can
- Internal stainless mesh filters
- Dipstick to check oil level
- Simply unscrew base to empty oil
- 19mm Screw in hose fittings
- Mounting brackets & hoses